It’s no surprise to me that I haven’t blogged in awhile. I am so bad at blogging consistently. In fact, I am terrible at doing anything consistently SO – I have a long weekend, like many others in the US due to Memorial Day, and I plan to get organized and set up a routine to follow.
For way too long now I haven’t been living intentionally. I’ve been going through the motions and doing what I have to do. The rest of the time I “lose myself” in books or television. I think the summer is the best time to focus on intentional living!
I found this “Be Intentional: 30 Baby Steps for Whole Life Change” on The Thrifty Couple. I follow them on FB and first saw the post there awhile back and thought to myself – Yes! That is what I need to do! Not every step is individualized, so I will be modifying it in order to make it cover the things in my life that most need change.
They break it down into five areas –
I am going to add one more area, which I feel is most important:
And a 7th area, which isn’t important overall – but it’s what I personally need right now:
- Health & Beauty
Over the next month (I’m preparing, making up a binder, lists and organizing today and tomorrow) starting this Sunday, May 25th, I will make weekly goals in each of these six areas over the next 4 weeks. If I am not in a better place at that time, then I will go for another 30 days. Therefore, I will call this month “Phase One”. (You see I am already expecting to need more than one month! LOL)
So here are my Intentional Living Goals:
- Morning five-minute stretch
- Drink ALL of my water
- Take vitamins
- Walk! ASAP!
- 20-minute daily quick clean
- Make bed daily
- Daily morning routine
- Daily night routine
- Cut 2% from budget
- Find another source of income
- Write goals for savings on 2% rule
- Create monthly budget
- Make and use weekly to-do list
- USE a calendar consistently
- Make Homemaking binder
- Make and use a daily schedule
- Make healthier homemade versions of store bought foods
- Cut out all fast food (YES, even ICED TEA)
- Create thrifty goals
- Make-ahead frugal freezer/Crockpot freezer meals
- DAILY Bible reading!!!!! (DAILY!!)
- 3x weekly Bible study
- Work on prayer life
- Go to church on a more regular basis
HEALTH & BEAUTY
- Paint nails mani/pedi consistently
- Use lotion daily
- Wear makeup (and quit scaring people!)
- Use coconut oil on extra dry skin
So there you have it. My plan. Not sure which 6 things I will be doing the first week! I’ll update when I do my Monday post.
Have a great weekend, make sure to remember the real reason we celebrate Memorial Day! Much love to all the active military and our vets! ❤